The API is not working for me. What should I do?
Here are a few things you can do to trouble-shoot:
- Confirm that you have a Quandl account and are passing in your API key correctly in your API call. Your API key can be found in your account settings.
- Confirm that you have permission to access the database you're calling. At least one of the following must be true:
- You are calling an open database
- You are calling a premium database and you haven't exceeded your free trial limit
- You are calling a premium database and you are a current subscriber to that specific database
- Confirm that you aren't exceeding the API rate limits:
User Type Speed Limit Volume Limit Concurrent Limit Anonymous Users 20 calls / 10 minutes 50 calls / day 1 call Logged-In Free Users 2000 calls / 10 minutes 50,000 calls / day 1 call + additional 1 call in the queue Premium Subscribers 5000 calls / 10 minutes 720,000 calls/ day No limit
- Confirm the syntax of your API call, using our reference guide.
If you've confirmed all the above, and still can't diagnose the problem, please email us and we will assist you.