Are there any limits on downloading data using the R library?
Yes, there are rate limits for R usage.
Please see rate limits below for each user type.
- Anonymous users are users who have not authenticated with their API key.
- Anonymous users have a combined limit of 20 calls per 10 minutes and 50 calls per day. These limits are applied globally to all anonymous users. If you need higher rate limits, we recommend authenticating with your API key.
- Authenticated users are users who are not subscribed to any premium data but have authenticated with their API key.
- Each authenticated user has a limit of 300 calls per 10 seconds, 2,000 calls per 10 minutes and a limit of 50,000 calls per day. Authenticated users have a concurrency limit of one; that is, they can make one call at a time and have an additional call in the queue.
Premium data subscribers
- Premium data subscribers are users who are subscribed to at least one premium data feed and have authenticated with their API key.
- Each premium data subscriber has a limit of 5,000 calls per 10 minutes and a limit of 720,000 calls per day.
- Premium data subscribers who are downloading data in tables format may use the Table Exporter a maximum of 10 times per hour. You can learn more about the Table Exporter here. Note that data on Quandl comes in two formats: time-series and tables. You can learn more about these formats here.