Why can't I see the Quandl tab in Excel?
If you've already installed the Excel Add-In as per the instructions here, but the Quandl tab is not appearing in Excel, this is most likely because one of the components of our add-in is inactive or disabled.
1. To ensure that the two components of our add-in are enabled, please follow these steps:
- Open Excel, go to File > Options > Add-ins then towards the bottom where it says “Manage”, choose “COM Addins” from the drop down and click Go. If you see "Quandl for Excel", check this off to enable this component of the add-in.
- Open Excel, go to File > Options > Add-ins then towards the bottom where it says “Manage”, please choose “Excel Addins” from the drop down and click Go. If you see "Quandl Excel Add-In", check this off to enable this component of the add-in.
- Open Excel, go to File > Options > Add-ins then towards the bottom where it says “Manage”, please choose “Disabled Items” from the drop down and click Go. If you see "Quandl for Excel" and/or "Quandl Excel Add-In", please enable both of of these items.
Once you've enabled both components, please check if the Quandl tab now appears in Excel. You may have to restart Excel as well as your computer for the Quandl tab to appear.
2. If you do not see one or more of the components by following the steps above, please try to repair the add-in. To do this, go to to your computer's Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > click on the Quandl Excel add-in and click "Repair". Then, please try logging in to the add-in again. You may have to restart your computer first.
If you've followed all of the steps above and are still having trouble, please email us and provide the following information which will help us troubleshoot more efficiently:
- Describe your issue to us and what you've been doing step by step that results in this issue
- Tell us all of the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, including any steps you've followed as suggested in this article
- Confirm that you are the admin of your computer
- Let us know what O/S you're using
- Let us know your O/S regional and language settings
- Let us know your Excel version and build number. You can see this when you open Excel and go to File > Account > About Excel.
- Let us know if you are using 32 bit or 64 bit Excel
- Let us know your Excel regional and language settings
- Confirm that you were trying to install the latest version of our add-in from https://www.quandl.com/tools/excel or https://docs.quandl.com/docs/excel-installation
- Please send the following screenshots from Excel:
1. File > Account (take screenshot of everything shown)
2. File > Account > About Excel (take screenshot of everything shown)
3. File > Options > Add-ins (take screenshot of complete list of add-ins)
While troubleshooting, please note that another way to download data is via the Quandl API. Data may be downloaded as CSV files which you can open in Excel.